Thursday, January 13, 2005

Every fucking year...

It's the same. January begins and Movie makers tout their latest flick as "THIS YEARS MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE!"

Excuse me? It's fucking January! There are another eleven months of the year. I'm pretty sure that there may be a movie in that timespan that I want to see more than January's offerings.

In a vain attempt to change the world I live in I would like to ask film makers and marketing companies to start using honesty for a change and put on the posters "You may think it's a great film, You may think it's shit. Pay your money and take the chance. Or don't. Your choice."

I'd also like to ask them if they insist on putting film reviewers opinions onto promotion posters that they make them fair and balanced.

For every positive review on posters for movies there should be one negative. That'd be a lot better than believing the hype that you have to see the movie and enjoy it because The Times film reviewer says it's "Fantastic, A must see." Or that Jonathan Ross says it's "A Wolloking Woller coaster Wide of a movie..."

Take The Blair Witch for example, Touted by marketers as "Remarkable" "Suspense at it's best" And other similarly ass kissingly trite sayings. Wouldn't it be nice if there was my review of "Utter shite... Do yourself a favor and spend the saved hour and a half drinking heavily." beside the positive reviews?

I'm a dreamer.

No comments: