Friday, March 13, 2009

Watching the snow falling...

It's the small things in life that make me feel alive.

The laughter of a child, the smile of a stranger, the pleasure of spending time with someone whom I care about, watching snow flakes float gently to the ground and many other things that, on occasion, have been known to move me to tears or cause me to smile.

It's the emotion you see. The pure unrivalled and unexplainable emotion. It's what separates us from dumb beasts and makes us human. It's what drives us to be who we are and it's the thing that will forever remain unknown to one another despite our shared humanity.

We can use words to communicate our basic emotions but sometimes words are sadly lacking in their ability to express that which we truly Feel.

I have, for example, stated above that I feel most alive when I am in the company of someone whom I care about and you will be able to sympathise with that statement but no matter how many words I use to explain the heartfelt emotion behind that statement you will only ever know the words. Not the feeling.

Not because you are any different to me on a physiological level but because you have not lived the life I have lived and we don't have any way of connecting to each other on that level. So, as often happens with people, we use the artistic form to try to connect with each other on that level. We share the music that moves us, the art that we love and make attempts to allow one another to see that which resides in our Souls.

And that kinda makes me sad. I'd love to give each and every one of you a view into each others soul. The world would be a better place, humanity would evolve past the lower reptilian brain and we would, as one race, be all that we can be. All that we are destined to be. All that we truly are.

Mahalo.



Jack Vettriano - Dance Me To The End of Love.

No comments: