Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm sitting at the computer...

Trying not to think about the one thing on my mind. A random selection of songs is playing in an attempt to distract me but it's failing badly. The lyrics seem to mirror the emotions and the feelings I need to avoid for the sake of... Something unnameable at the moment.

Tiredness is a major factor at the moment as I've not slept more than two to three hours a night since stopping smoking hash. Sleeping sober is not an easy thing. When the head hits the pillow the band begins to play. Random thoughts fire through the mind and keep the brain from shutting down. Lyrics from songs repeat over and over while I stare at the inside of my eyelids and pray for the small relief of the gap between falling asleep and the beginning of my dreams.

Dreams which tease, taunt, hurt and haunt.

No comments: